Healthy Holiday Travel Tips
Traveling at any time of the year can disrupt healthy, established habits. Traveling over the holidays can be especially tough since holidays lend themselves to eating and drinking more and can throw off sleep and movement schedules. But, the family time is well worth it! Not to mention the traditions and holiday celebrations. It’s a great time to reduce stress, leave hectic schedules behind and live in the moment. But to feel your best you’ll want to check out our tips for staying well while traveling this holiday season.
- Hydrate: Before any travel make sure to drink
- Pack activities: books, downloaded shows, kids games, whatever you enjoy to pass the time!
- Plan out nutrition: Either pack healthy food in a cooler or plan meal stops at places that have healthy options with fruits, veggies, quality & clean protein and fats.
- Put away the junk: either don’t pack any junk food or pack it in the trunk where you have to make an effort to eat it. Pack it in small portions instead of eating straight from the package.
- Move: even in a car or plane you can do a few stretches or squeezes. Set an alarm to do so or get up and walk when you can.
We wanted to keep this list simple and straightforward. We think you can add all of these into your upcoming trip for a healthier, smoother ride! Pay attention to how you feel after a trip with these additions, your body and spirit will thank you.