New Year, Improved You!
We love a lofty new year’s resolution as much as the next person. But we know realistically that the majority of those fizzle out by the end of January. If that’s where you’re at, don’t fret! We have some goals that can make a big difference in how you feel, but that are manageable to start and stick with. Pick one to try now, in a few weeks once you’ve nailed it down, try another!
- Sit less. Start by adding in one additional standing or movement time a day. For example
- stretch for the first 10 minutes of your evening tv show
- Walk after dinner
- Stretch first thing in the morning
- Walk a lap every hour at work
- Play tag with your kids
- Drink more water. Buy yourself a fun new water bottle and make a challenge of how many you’ll drink in a day. It’ll become habit faster than you think!
- Smile every day. Find something to laugh at every day, make it a game in your house.
- Try 1 new fruit or vegetable a month. Pick a food you’ve never tried before or haven’t enjoyed and see if you can try a new recipe to cook it in a way your family enjoys
- Cut out an unhealthy habit. You know you have one. See if you can cut it out by giving yourself a reward.
- Spend more time with loved ones. Help yourself reduce stress and love in the moment this year.
Lifestyle changes are hard to commit to. To make it easier and way more likely to stick, create a plan. Buddy up with a family member or friend to stay accountable. Hire a personal trainer or medical professional if you need to make some serious changes. Set daily reminders and inspiration where you will see and pay attention to them. Make sure you have a follow up and can look back and notice improvement. Journal or take notes to help you through. We like to stay comfortable and creating a new habit outs us out of our comfort zone so don’t just begin a new goal without a thought out plan to succeed!
Good luck and we hope you have a happy and blessed year!